VILLAGE OF FT. JOHNSON
P.O. BOX 179
FT. JOHNSON, NEW YORK 12070
Mayor Michael Simmons – [email protected] Trustees: Bill Maines
Clerk/Treasurer Barbara S. Smith Darlene Roe
Website: www.vfjny.org Street Superintendent – Bill Smith
Village News Letter #8
SPRING CLEAN UP
1. VILLAGE WIDE GARAGE SALE WILL BE HELD MAY 4TH
2. SPRING CLEAN UP WILL BE HELD MAY 11TH FROM 7AM TO 4 PM AND WILL INCLUDE ELECTRONICS RECYCLE (FOR VILLAGE RESIDENTS ONLY)
All items must be brought to 91 Ft. Johnson Ave., up by the Sand & Salt Shed. Acceptable items are: household items; dry, empty paint cans; construction material (must be boxed, bagged or tied).
For Large appliances, call Village Clerk at 518-843-3175 to arrange pick up. There will be a charge of $3.00 each for used tires, and they must be off the rim.
Materials NOT accepted are: household garbage; liquid or hazardous material; and 55 gallon drums.
3. Village Sewer System – VERY IMPORTANT – ONLY WASTEWATER AND TOILET PAPER ARE PERMITTED IN SEWER DISPOSAL. SUMP PUMPS SHOULD NOT BE DRAINED INTO THE SANITARY SEWER. Recently, the flow rates for the Village sewer pumping stations have been at unusually high levels. It is critical that sump pumps discharge to the yard or storm sewer, not into the sanitary sewer. It is illegal to connect your sump pump into your sanitary lateral; it can cause serious problems and result in legal actions/fines when discovered.
4. Garbage collection is early every Friday morning; if you have garbage, please put it out Thursday night to ensure pickup. Recycles are the 1st Monday of the month; if that Monday falls on a holiday, it will be picked up the next day, Tuesday.
5. Veterans Honor Roll Committee – As you can see, much work has been done on the Honor Roll in the park on Rt. 5. They will be looking for volunteers as soon as the weather breaks to do more. Anyone wishing to help is asked to contact Carol McClary at 518-842-6874.
6. Building permits are required at a cost of $50.00 and can be found on the Village website (see link above). Please contact the Clerk’s office with any questions.
7. The Village Board meets on the 3rd Thursday of each month in the Village Hall at 7PM.
8. Ft. Johnson Seniors meet twice monthly; call Darlene Roe at 518-843-1928 for more information.
9. Youth Commission – They are always looking for more members; please call Jen Young at 518-461-0709 for more information.
10. Rental forms for tables and chairs, and for use of the Village Hall can be found on the website (see link above). This is for Village residents’ use only and 7 days advanced notice is required. Call Village Clerk for availability.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT
VILLAGE CLERK BARB SMITH AT 518-843-3175